Thread: Muscles and MG
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 04:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hi rezmommy!

Hey hon! Have you told your neuro about the eyelid drooping thing? That happened to me as well, and I went in for the plasma exchange.......not fun, but not too bad!

It sounds like you MAY need pred or something like that just to balance yourself for the time being.......

As for me, I have never been off meds since my dx - I pray for it but it hasn't happened yet - but it WILL! Just like you WILL get better and stronger!!!!!

Big hugs!
Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezmommy View Post
I was diagnosed with generalized MG in November 2008. My intial symptoms of limb weakness appeared in August 2007. From 2007 to 2008 I went from limb weakness to eyelid drooping, neck weakness, garbled speech, shortness of breath and trouble swallowing. When I was diagnosed I was started on Mestinon 60 mg 5x/day, Azathriopine 100 mg 1x/day. In January I had a crisis and was given IVIG and started on Prednisone. In February I had the thymectomy done. Currently I am on 15 mg 1x/day of Prednisone and the Mestinon and Azathriopine are the same.

I still have limb weakness and 8 weeks after surgery my eyelid has started to droop again. Thankfully I have not had any more problems with swallowing or breathing.

I would like to know if going for 15 months between symptoms appearing and my diagnosis without any medication, does that affect your muscles to the point where you don't get the strength back?