View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 12:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

DISCLAIMER: Many of you know that I don't have kids...so my thoughts on this may not carry any weight.

I think it has to be done slowly over time [I like the spring analogy]...just like any other responsibility [food or otherwise] they are given. With age, maturity and guidance/teaching they will handle it. It may not be perfect, it may not be like you the parent would do it...but those are the baby steps that they have to make. I suspect there will be some "falls" before they will be fully able to stand on their own.

What's the difference between eating NGF food, doing drugs, drinking alcohol? All of those things are something that you are not supposed to do. All of them are bad for you. Ideally you don't want your kid doing drugs, drinking alcohol [or eating NGF food], but how are you going to stop them from doing it? You're probably not. That's where training and knowledge comes in. Hopefully as a parent you've given the child enough of it, so they are better equipped to deal with it when the time comes. [I'm talking generalities here. I'm not saying they you aren't educating them ]

“We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love.” ~Mother Teresa

Last edited by aklap; 12-14-2006 at 12:25 PM.
aklap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote