View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 05:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile There is hope.......

Hi, I know exactly how you are feeling.

I am a 27yr old mum, and at the end of Dec 08 I hit my head. Not hard enough to knock me out, but hard enough to get concussion.

I experienced PCS about a week later. I have also had a CT scan and MRI which were both clear.

The 'fog' you are experiencing is completely normal. As well as the feeling that you will never be normal or back to your old self again.

Unfortunately none of the doctors here knew what was wrong with me - I was told it could be a tumor or even MS. So with no help I became deeply depressed and had such bad anxiety attacks that an ambulance had to be called.

Then I came across PCS on the net and all the symptoms described was exactly what I had. It did make me feel like there is hope.

I went to my GP, and she put me on Zoloft (anti-depressant) as all I could do was lie in bed all day and cry. Plus the shaking was unbearable. I have two small children, and was worried I couldn't look after them anymore.

The Zoloft helped calm me down (it took about 3 weeks for it to start working). And I believe that this gave my brain a chance to rest and start healing.

I am happy to say that I believe I am back to about 90% of my old self.

I no longer have that 'spacey' feeling, or like my eyes arent connected with my head anymore.

The best advice is to stick with a good GP. Look up the symptoms of PCS so you know what to expect and know what is normal when you are experiencing it. And also ask as many questions on this site as possible. They are an amazing support here.

Good luck.
Nikki, Queensland, Australia
nikkicoop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote