View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 06:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This REALLY annoys me you know.

Neurosurgeons always contradict themselves!!
They are only ever happy to operate when things are too late, surely they can see the signs of when things are going wrong, someone cant go on in pain when things like work are involved!

Im fed up with mine!
nothing ever shows up on scans and xrays for me, whenever ive had shunt malfunction, my cts never have any difference as to when its working fine, ive had many complications and never once has something shown up on tests.

One doctor says something and plans something and another says different and turns plans down.

My education has been absolutely ruined, ive missed my first year at college, i must have about a 10% attendance. if that.
all due to ongoign headaches.

we KNOW when something shunt related is up, instincts are everything.

I saw a psychologist today, as my neurosurgeon wants to put my headaches down as migraines and not shunt related.
My psychologist ruled out migraine from her studies and so did the neurologist that saw me.
When i mentioned the instinct thng to the psychologist, she was very interested! But its so true, NSs dont like to listen to us, but 9 times out of 10 we are right when something is going wrong!

Ive had a neuroconsultant/surgeon registrar believe it was overdrainage for me. he planned on changing the valve in covnersion surgery, my neurosurgeon turned his plans down!

&& today my neurologist also believed its overdrainage.
He now has to report back to my neurosurgeon, i hope he starts putting two and two together instead of brushing things off!!

Hun, if you believe its your shunt form your gut, you make sure your adament with your NS, you need to make it clear your work is affected and you cant go on like it!

Good luck =)
jadiee-x is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote