Thread: Just Maybe
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 09:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm not sure if I am "cured" or not; but I am certainly not affected by RSD the way I used to be. When I was diagnosed after foot surgery in August 07, I had all the classic signs--couldn't miss it. Swollen, discoloration, bone loss, hurt like heck (but not to light touch), deep bone pain, muscle pain, muscle deterioration, cold temperature, sweating, depression. The only thing that I am still a little bothered by is the temp (although it is nowhere near as bad as it was; but I have a feeling when summer rolls around the air conditioning will bother it some--we'll see). My secret? I don't know--I tried so many things. Nerve blocks (8 plus an ankle block), meds, nutrition, laser, ultrasound, mirror therapy, lots of PT including pool therapy, HBOT, TENS unit, STS therapy, massage, epsom salt baths. I felt like I was constantly treating it in one way or another. I also got the screws removed which were bothering the nerves in my foot. I think what probably helped me the most was PT, especially pool therapy, and massage. But I don't know; I think the mix of everything together helped. Just giving my nerves "normal" stimulation to help rewire them, if that makes sense. And I think catching it right away in my case was really helpful. I am back to a normal life. I hope the same for all of you; I know how much it sucks. But please believe there is hope.
Millerprof is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote