Thread: Bruising In RSD
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 06:22 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Thank you all so much for the replies - I really appreciate your input!!

I suspect that the bruising is probably from the fall but I dont know. When we spoke to my PM Dr about it on Tuesday, he said that he has never seen bruising before in RSD and that is why he suspects I have some underlying injury from the fall, be it a fracture, soft tissue damage etc. We wont know for certain what is wrong until we go for it re-xrayed Tuesday. When I normally go into a flare, my skin changes colour although it doesn't bruise ... it just goes red.

Daniella - Thank you for your input. The bruising came a few hours after the injury along with the swelling. It started off red and then turned purple etc. I haven't had any blood work done lately but my PM Dr did mention taking some blood to check for any clotting issues - I think he must have decided against that though as he never said anything else about it unless he does it when I see him Tuesday.

Jennelle - I had been thinking about being anaemic also. My diet is the same as its always been so i'm not sure if its that though. I'm the first to admit that I dont always eat healthily - I am a stress eater and we are currently waiting for a referal to a dietician about it. Thanks for the idea ... i'll bring it up when at my appt Tuesday.

Sandy - Thank you for the prayers, I really appreciate them!! We spoke to my dr about Vitamin C and he said that it hasnt been proven to help with RSD but tha it might be an idea to take it. I'll speak to my mum about the dietry supplements. Thanks again!

Karen - Thank you SO much for the links, I really appreciate you taking the time to research things for me and will definitiely check them out!!

Heres a quick photo of my arm so you can swee the bruising. I will keep you all updated on how my appointments go and what we find out. Thanks again for the ideas and advice!

Dew58 (04-23-2009)