View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 07:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi bob,

Welcome to this group. We are (IMHO) a great group of people who are all in the same boat. I'm sorry your are here because of rsd, but glad you found us. Before you get the scs, please research all you can find and ask alot of questions. I've had 2 and at first it worked great, after the long long recovery,. the 2nd one only lasted 3 wks. I'm not getting another one put in. the surgeries caused the rsd to spread. In fact, my pm, who said rsd can't spread, exhausted all the test, including an mri, and couldn't find anything wrong. he finally had to admit that the rsd has spread from my foot and legs, all the way up my back and around to the side. It is a godsend to many people, and each one of us is different. The good side of the scs is that they run a trila to see if it will work for you. I knew the risks when I went into it, and it was only that the battery was moving and it pulled the leads of my the spine. I hope everything goes well, and there are others here that have their own stories. Read them and then make a decision.

Hugs
Mary
ps. I'm rambling, but I've alread had my pain meds and I'm going into a fog.
Dew58 (04-20-2009), rtmcmahon631 (04-17-2009)