View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 08:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Just wanted to add an update. The doctor originally upped his meds (as in the other post) because she 'wanted better impulse control". Well, boy oh boy was that the WRONG thing to do. We ended up in the ER last night because he basically went crazy. Ranting, pacing, eyes dilated, swearing, angry, climing to the very top of the swing set, jumping off (basically dangerous behavior). He knew this wastn' him. He told me he needed to destroy things so I let him bash up a few bricks in the hopes that it would help (joint compression, anger release in a productive way, etc).

Fortunately, he calmed down at the ER and nothing else had to be done, but how sad is it that it took the ER doctor calling his psychiatrist to get her to call us back. We tried calling before we went to the ER and the answering service left messages at all 3 of her contact numbers and she never called us back. I even told them that I needed to talk to someone right away. Since she didn't call back, I called the ER and they told me I should bring him in.

This is not improving my opinion of the medical community one single bit
brink is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (04-17-2009)