View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 08:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Don't Know What to Do

[FONT="Arial"]
Bob,
This is a great place for imput, as I am relatively new to this site. I have an SCS that I use for the knees down to the feet. I just had it put in Nov. 2008. I do believe that I have RSD in my spine now but I don't think my pd wants to admit it however, when they put it in I already had degeneration of the spine(athritis in my spine) so my spine aches anyway. The SCS helps the RSD in my legs but since I have other medical conditions, I can't use it all the time. There are some things I don't do without it. I am also on long term opiods as well as many other meds, 13 all together. I was diagnosed with RSD on June 19, 2007 a year after I broke my leg in three places and tore my ACL and the miniscus to the point where my ortho will not even consider fixing with a replacement, I also had bone infection.
There is a lot of sites that deal with RSD and talk about SCS and despite what the sites say this too is an individual reaction issue, and is a large desision and it is important to learn about the RSD as well as the SCS If you don't understand something at a RSD site, come back here and ask your question this group has a lot of experiences and you can get imput We are all here seeking the same thing, how we can best deal with this disease that is different with each person that unfortunately endures it
tjbird
tjbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rtmcmahon631 (04-21-2009)