Thread: Muscles and MG
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 10:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
Technically Myasthenia is not considered a progressive disease like MS. But many MG'ers would argue with the experts on that point.
Symptoms for MG will Wax and Wane. It's so important to keep up with your Neuro appts. Call them today, and let them know what is going on. The last thing you need is a crisis. It's Not fun. I was put on a Ventilator back in January, and although it wasn't as bad as my imagination thought it would be, No one wants to go through it, so preventive medicine is important.
It sounds like you're entering a flair, and may need some meds, asap.
I can't stress enough to get a hold of you Neuro. Your strength should return in your muscles, but it may take a while. I know, I walk on eggs with mine all the time.
We are all at different levels, and MG affects us all so differently. But one thing is clear, never be lax in getting help. It really can make a turn for the worst fast.
My heart goes out to you. I know this is all so new to you, and there is a lot to learn, but take those steps one at a time, and don't be shy in asking questions with your Neuro, a Neuro worth his/her salt won't mind at all.
Best of Wishes,
Love Lizzie

It's never too late to be who you might have been.
George Eliot
English novelist (1819 - 1880)
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote