View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 10:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Whew! Well, the Scheduling Conference went fairly well. It took about a half an hour and there's 90 days to do the Interrogatories, Admissions and things. So that will allow me to concentrate on the hearing in my foreclosure which is next month on the 28th.

Apparently "dispositive motions" are generally filed after discovery... but the Defendants have already filed their Motion for Summary Judgment, and I have a similar motion nearly complete. I just have to get certified copies of everything to substantiate my allegations.

Whew!

It was interesting, the Defendants' lawyer (who is himself one of the two defendants) said I had to have an expert medical witness to prove my "mental anguish" -- I said I didn't ever claim mental anguish, but that I probably suffered it. I said that "emotional distress" which I did claim did not show (in the cases I found on the web) that you had to have medical expert witnesses. What I think is that the lawyer is trying to make it harder for me than need be.

But, it reminds me that last time I did this I did have to have a medical witness because I was claiming that the violation of the stay had deprived me of the money I needed to get regular B12 shots and that had impacted my health negatively. (I gave rather gory details.) So, that time is when I called all the neurologists in town and chose one to see who was also experienced in being a medical expert witness.

It was so lucky I did that because he's the one who told me to give myself more B12 shots than one a month, and he told me that when I was under stress I should have more shots, he said they couldn't hurt me, whereas the women medical doctors I'd seen kept telling me that too much B12 was dangerous. They really scared me, and the fear lingered even after I learned that they were entirely wrong.

So, I have had really good outcomes from my cases. I mean, if I hadn't filed my first Adversary Proceeding I wouldn't have known to go to a neurologist and I wouldn't have been taking extra B12 when I needed it... though it was still years before I learned how much "extra" was needed to really make a difference.

I'm pretty hopeful.