View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 02:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadiee-x View Post
Hiya,
im in the UK,

I too have my neurosurgeon and he has the last word, but never once when ive had a problerm arising has he suggested it was the shunt playing up, always quick to assume migraine, hense why he referred me to a neurologist and psychologist for their opinion, their answers came right back to the shunt! lol.

EXACTLY, the odds are in your favour, of course there are risks, but there are risks to everything that we do.
90-95%, would you spend your last pound/dollar/etc on a lottery ticket if that was your chances of winning a huge jackpot?
I know i would!!

The 5-10% chance of a complication is small, if a complication does arise, it can be fixed. Ild rather experience a complication from surgery than live with a malfunctioning shunt.

Please do keep us updated, and of course i hope the best decision gets made for you to make you as healthy as possible. =)
Take care =)

Jade,

Sorry I assumed that you were in the USA, I guess it really is the World Wide Web!

I went back to work last night and while I had a bit of a headache, the painkillers took care of it pretty much!

Not much I can do now but wait and hope it doesn't get any worse.

I agree, if I only had a 5-10% chance of losing in a lottery, I would buy a ticket for sure! *LOL*

But he does have the final word, so I have to put my faith in him for now!

I think he will end up operating after the next CT scan, provided that the hydrocephalus is still there, which I think it will be, can't see it going away!

You take care too!
theweave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote