View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 05:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default ??????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsiderThis View Post
Hi Prettynpink --
Your post reminded me of when the doctors were all trying to get me to take Prozac instead of having extra vitamin B12 shots. They finally convinced me to use Serafim (Seraphim... I forget its spelling) -- anyway, it's Prozac packaged for use in PMS... and it was never tested on women who were too old to have their periods any longer.

I loved it. I was euphoric. It was $80 a month and I didn't have much money, but it was SOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it... until it suddenly gave me double incontinence... and yes, that's as bad as you can possibly imagine.

So I read the insert that came with the drug and it said that with certain hemo... disorders, blood disorders, it was counterindicated. So I figured that since low B12 can cause blood abnormalities, it might not be something I should use.

Hi and thanks for the reply. Maybe because i'm tired, or i read your message too fast but i did not understand your message.

U think i have a probelm maybe with b12? Do u think this because of all this numbsness and tremors?Or do you think this because i have such a sensitivty to medication?? Or do you think this because i have depression or anixty? I'm have some learning diffculties and understanding things so could u be a bit more clear. I would like to go to the E.R tomorrow?? Thanks

I took the insert with me and went to see the doctor. I told her about my problem and handed her the insert, which she took from me, crumpled up, and threw away.

She said what that meant was sickle cell anemia and it had nothing to do with me.

I stopped taking the Serafem anyway, and drank a lot of green tea, which I hoped would get it all out of my system... and some months later I was pretty much back to normal.

Okay... so my point is that some drugs can make low B12 problems worse.

You may not be having a low B12 problem, but for safety sake it would be good to look at a list of symptoms of low B12 and see if they are health problems you are dealing with.

As an aside, after I had significant B12 replacement therapy I didn't have depression anymore.

And, low B12 makes concentrating and thinking really hard, much harder.

((((((((((prettynpink)))))))))))
I don't quite understand what u are saying. Do you think i maybe lacking b12 becausef the numbness and tremrs, or do you think its because i'm senstive to medication. I don't understand what your saying sorry. I have a bit of some learning dificulties.

Thanks for the reply
prettynpinkk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote