Thread: Doodys Mom...
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Oh, thank you, you're all so wonderful.

I'm tired, I just got home from the hospital.

Mom fell down some stairs yesterday at 3:15 pm. (It hasn't even been 2 years since she fell down her steps at home and crushed her heel and broke her ankle.)

She hit left side of her head and has a concussion. She lost more blood than they would like but is doing okay in that department. Keeping an eye on that. It knocked her unconscious. Ambulance brought her back to this town (they were visitng friends in another town).

She fractured her pelvis and demolished her elbow. I won't describe it, too horrifying. She finally went into surgery at 4:15 this afternoon and it took almost 2 hours to repair it.

She is so scared and confused and has no idea what's going on but she has been really doped up. Problem is, the strong drugs, fentanly, didn't get rid of the pain during the night and it was just god awful. Finally this morning her doc showed up and started giving her Ativan and that finally calmed her down so she could sleep.

When she leaves the hospital depends on when she can move around. She hasn't been able to so far. They have had to use a slider to get her off the bed each time she's been moved because she's in too much pain all over and hard to move her bottom end because of the fractured pelvis.

At least she had color this morning. Last night I didn't think she was goning to make it.

Poor dad, well...he's very tired. He's 86 and she'll be 83 next month.

Daughter stayed with me last night, tonight and will the rest of the weekend. Bless her heart.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (04-17-2009), Curious (04-17-2009), Darlene (04-18-2009), Lara (04-19-2009), mrsD (04-18-2009), redtail (04-19-2009), TwoKidsTwoCats (04-18-2009)