View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 09:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for the reply

I am pretty sure that some of the chemicals we have been exposed to cause a lot more problems than the VA wants to admit. I may be lucky as Myasthenia Gravis is a VA presumptive condition for Gulf War vets. Getting them to agree that MG is the cause of the apnea is probably going to be a lot more difficult. Keep in touch as my neuro is aware of the research to tie the two afflictions together. If she comes up with some rock-solid evidence, I'll certainly share it with you. Thank you very much for your service. I was in the infantry in the mid-60's but lucked out and got sent to the 8th Infantry Division in Germany for three years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Parrish View Post
2-1-09
I too have central OSA (diagnosed 1987) and MG (since 2006 or before) and my neurologist informed me that there is research to tie the two together. You may want to contact the Myasthenia Foundation Of America () for more information. They also have a spring seminar where all of the experts speak and the latest state of the art treatment info is disseminated. My problem is getting the VA to consider this service connected (medic in Vietnam 1970-71 in I Corps with 1/6th Infantry, 198th INF Bde, 23d INF DIV. (Americal, aka "Metracal Division"). Exposed to agent orange, C-rats, VC, ARVNS, NVA and lead. Has anyone had any luck getting service connection from DVA? Check out the MGFA and stay well.
Tom
GI6607 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote