View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 10:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERoark View Post
Hi there,
I just went to my Dr. yesterday and he suspects I have trigeminal neuralgia. But for some reason I can't quite believe that. I'd appreciate if anyone out there could read through this and tell me what you think...

About 4 weeks ago I started having stabbing, shocking type pains shoot through my right eye. The pain feels like it originates from the back of my eye, somewhere behind it. The pain is not constant, it comes and goes, usually several times a day. It feel worse when I move my eye and by the end of the day, it kind of feels like I got punched in the eye and in the bone surrounding that eye. I initially went to an eye Dr., he dilated my eye, looked around at everything and said it all looked OK. At my regular Dr. yesterday, I wanted to cry because I was so frustrated by this sudden pain. And when I researched it myself online, I made it worse because now I'm convinced I have MS, too.

Ugh. I sound like an idiot. Anyway, the bottom line is that I'm scared. I'm 34 and I've got a 2 year old and an 8 month old. I can't take any drugs that are going to make me super tired. My Dr. gave me a script for something, I just haven't filled it yet because I'm in denial. I'm having a CAT scan on the 24th and then he and I are meeting again on the 29th to discuss. If the CATscan is OK, he will probably send me to a neurologist. In the meantime, I'm sitting here scared and sad.

Any words of advice or thoughts in general would be really appreciated.
Thanks
e
So sorry to hear about your condition. I'm new to this forum (about 2 or 3 months), but I'm an expert on TN as I 'formerly' suffered from it for about 7 years. As Elder Member said, don't get to freaked out. Rule out all the other items first like MS, tumors, etc. I know it is scary, but chances are good you don't have anything. Get your a kickass neurologist and get an MRI done as well. I wish I had done that sooner as I would have saved myself tons of money and more importantly suffering.

Don't lose faith as there are many options available to help you with TN should that be the prognosis. I wish you all the best and will pray for a positive outcome.

God bless!
thedspeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote