View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 02:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbean View Post
Al, you bring up a good point that is similiar to this. Alcohol. My daughter said "I'd like to try a sip of wine". She is 6, so she is not supposed to be drinking. Understood, but I was not sure what the best approach was to this. If I sternly tell her to never drink cause alcohol is bad for her and yada yada yada (but then she can drink when she's 21?) I fear she will just want to sneak it to taste it and such. But then if I did give her a sip of wine, I don't think that would make her less likely to sneak it as a teen.
I know when I was growing - we were allow to have a sip of beer or wine from our parents glass. We always had it in the house. We could've easily had it. It was just something that we knew we weren't supposed to do [or there'd be hell to pay if we did]. I never drank in high school for the same reason stated in previous sentence. Plus I was in sports and it wasn't allowed [that didn't stop some people however ]. I was raised in a single parent household from the age of 9 or 10. My Mom ruled with an iron fist - we didn't call her "The Warden" for nothing' There were countless times that "opportunities" were presented to me. Again - I think it goes back to education, guidance and how we were raised. Now...I understand that was then...this is now. Now is A LOT different than then hehehee

You'll do fine!! So will DD

“We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love.” ~Mother Teresa
aklap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote