View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 02:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wow! Thanks so much for the replies. This diet does seem to fancy grapefruit. It requires grapefruit every day. Some of it just sounds gross. I mean, I've had some epic cravings but never have I wanted Spinach, Eggs and Coffee for lunch.

I really wish I could just find a way to get him to exercise. This is how he is, and I am dead serious. He bought one of those bowflex things and he used it to hang his shirts on for a year (prior to my moving in with him). It is now taken apart in my garage. I was working with a friend to make a pathetic attempt to set it up and put a mat out there with my therapy ball and the other miscellaneous exercise equipment. Turn it into a mini-gym, perhaps.

I am positive with a good diet, or even no diet - he could exercise and eat what he wants. They fail to take note that he is 6'3 and will never be a skinny/buff guy. Not to mention, standing next to me can't help much. I'm a little under 5'3 and my best weight was 116 when I was 7 months pregnant.

As a side note, my doctors have been trying to find out why I can't gain weight for the past 13 years. I was in my late teens when I finally grew insecure about being so small. It's really hard to address where I live because they expect all girls to want to be so small, but I know I am not healthy. It is abnormal for me to have to eat 6 meals a day and snack in between to maintain my weight (I have to really eat gross stuff and a lot of it to gain). I have tried to get them to 'fix me' because eating that much is literally painful, like - it hurts my stomach. If I don't eat that much, I will lose weight.

It's a horrible situation in my house, moreso when he is dieting - he's eating small portions or on restricted foods while I am shoveling stuff in my face. I feel bad, but I have no choice.

He is a manly man, so he likes home cooked meals. I couldn't even pitch the idea of the weight watchers meals or he'd laugh at me. I guess while he's not 'crunching' I can try my best to pitch at least taking walks with the dogs or something.

If I could find some contraption to attach to his desk that would be like bicycle pedals, that would be awesome. He could work and work out at the same time!

It's just hard to suck up feeling like I am being told how to 'raise' my own partner. He is an adult! I love his mother, she has done so much for me (gets me samples of my expensive meds, etc.) but it's hard to not say something to her when I know she's hurting his feelings. I know she wants him to be healthy, but I don't think she notices what emotional damage is being done in the process. It makes me feel very defensive and I feel protective when I see that look on his face.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and advice, I'm going to work this weekend on a plan.

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote