View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 10:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Be sure to ask your PT what they know about RSD/CRPS? Have they treated anyone with it and where was the RSD/CRPS? My PT told me that for treating RSD/CRPS it's not a no pain no gain attitude. When it starts to hurt you stop and the question needs to be asked can another approach be taken example fewer reps or different technique.

The condition is different for each one of us and the affectiveness of the treatment is different for all of us. We all have similar heart muscles. Therefore Western Medicine can treat heart conditions with some success. Every person's nervous system is different and Western Medicine has a lot to learn about the human nervous system. More money is spent on curing things that WM has a chance to make a difference in many many lives. There is no cure for RSD there are treatment that help manage the pain. When it is caught early, it sounds like your has been, it can be put into a stop or remission.
Be active in your care and don't be affraid to ask quetions and if something isn't working speak up and communicate with your doctor and PT.
I wish you the best of luck wit PT and manageing your pain.
Take care,
Sherrie
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote