View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

If they had to smash his windows to reach in and pull him out of the car, he must have refused their orders for him to get out of the car. The doors were probably locked, otherwise they could just open the drivers door and yank him out, so I'd say that refusing to get out of the car could be considered "resisting".

Just listening to the way he explained things, I think there's something hinky in his story. I'd love to see the video of what happened, and see for myself what really went on. Just because he's a pastor, doesnt mean that he's above reproach.

Yes, he has the right to invoke the Fourth Amendment, but when a law enforcement officer asks you to get out of the car, you get out of the car.

Getting out of the car wont give them permission to get in the car and search it, but refusing to follow orders to get out of the car can possibly give them probable cause to search the car without a warrant.

I doubt he's going to get any legal repercussions from it, the judge will probably tell him to follow the orders of law enforcement officers next time, and will send him on his way. An expensive lesson, two car windows and a trip to the emergicare for 11 stitches probably costs a lot. Painful too. Getting tazed is not fun. (ask me how I know )

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (04-18-2009), Kitty (04-18-2009)