View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Angela Vincent does indeed rock! She's so smart - and nice. Back when they were the only ones doing the Musk, she ran mine.

Bluesky, I'll make a long story short. An immunologist back in 2002 ran the IgG subclasses, and other Ig's, because I had infections a lot. Another not-so-lovely doctor in 2002 ran the AChr Antibodies . . . and kept the results from me. I didn't get those results until late last year: They were positive. They had been almost positive two years earlier. But my antibodies since then have been negative or just below positive. It wasn't until I got that result and did some digging that I put those two things together. I have Celiac Disease and knew that IgA could affect those antibody tests. So I looked into what "Ig" the MG tests were.

Advair has Flovent. Flovent is a steroid. Flovent goes systemic in the body. They now have lots of warnings about Flovent suppressing the immune system. And for people who are sensitive to drugs or have more exaggerated responses to them (like people with immune problems), it can suppress the immune system enough to make antibodies disappear. And it can make whatever autoimmune disease you have "better" and disappear, like during a SFEMG.

I have another one by Dr. Vincent but it's too large. Just Google "MG IgG subclass" and you should find it.

It's amazing how much there is to know about MG and what can affect it.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote