View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 03:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Teeth Hello again!

Your symptoms sound just like mine before I was dx'ed..........I couldn't climb the 3 stairs to my front door - I fell in fact.....I was easily fatigued and can't do any deep bend exercises to this day - lol! I couldn't even blow dry my hair - my energy would just give out on me..........

Just please,please take it as EASY as possible until you are on meds.......pred can really help, but it does come with some side effects - granted I am still grateful b/c I am able to lead a pretty normal life - gotta love that!

MG will wax and wane, but it does get better! Back in the 60's, it was pretty awful, but modern medical advances have made it able to most of us to lead pretty normal lives- I mean I won't be climbing Everest anytime soon, but I am HERE and can take care of my fellas!

IT does get better! You will feel better! You will need a great neuro, but I promise you that once you get dx'ed and your meds, you will love it!

Big hugs!
ERin

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckysmom View Post
My muscular weakness I can describe as easy fatigueability, I have strength but waning. I can walk around the block but cannot hike or climb stairs without profound muscle weakness. I can lift myself from a sitting position but no way could I do a deep knee bend. I can lift my arms over head but need to rest them to re-energize. Within minutes my muscles can re-energize but now they are more fatigued, this can continue for awhile then I'm just wiped out noodly. My legs whilst short hikes- I can't hop down just 6 inches I can't trust the strength in my legs to give enough support. Heat absolutely wipes me out--I avoid it like the plague. Shortness of breath has been aleviated by the plaquenil prescribed for sjogrens.I'm allergic to molds certain trees and dust mites. My diet consist of gluten casein mold-free diet. And I still have problems with diarrhea-weakness brain fog. My last nuero appt I was told that I have Leaky Gut- Multiple chemical Sensitivity-Liver toxicity= my nuero is alternative medicine- the problem is curing these problems doesn't appear to be working and actually my problems only get worse.