View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 06:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet View Post
Hi- I'm Janet from Tennessee - Health HXL
1) LL molar extraction in 2003 - I felt intense, severe pain when my tooth was "pulled"
2) late 2003 - X-ray of L mandible showed small FX
3) osteomyelitis of LL mandible with ABX almost one year, including IV X 6 wks
4) 45 TX in hyperbaric chamber in 2004
5) debridement of LL mandible to clear up debris from osteomyelitis
6) shingles (herpes zoster) on the 5th branch of the trigeminal nerve in 2004 - severe "suicide" pain
6) Botox therapy along the 5th branch trigeminal nerve in 2005 and 2006 (failure)
6) chiropractic TX, massage therapy, accupuncture therapy (failure)
7) In sept 2006 Dr Lee at Cleveland Clinic did an "endoscopic neurectory" of the affected nerve branch (failure)

Please help!
Janet,
Sorry to see you here as it means you are suffering. You will find lots of support and caring people in here with lots of info to consider. I recently had MVD surgery (4/3/09) and have been pain-free since th op (after dealing with TN for 7 years). I, like you tried just about everything: herbal, chiro, acupressure/puncture, even a gamma knife procedure. GK lasted about 58 days before pain returned. Finally had MVD op. Best decision of my life! I had a kickass neurosurgeon with nearly 300 MVD ops under his belt. He is one of the best around here in the OC. I'd recommend getting an MRI done and read by a neurologist or neurosurgeon who specializes in treating TN.

My MRI showed I had not 1 but 2 blodd vessels compressing my trigeminal nerve which is most likely why all the other treatments failed. I suffered for 4 years with the last 2 years being at a pain level of 8,9, and 10 for days and weeks at a time. I only wish I would have found my neurologist and surgeon sooner. I thank God everyday for them both as I'm now pain-free. I was pain-free (from TN) the moment I woke up from surgery. I plan on staying fairly active in this forum so others might somehow benefit from my experiences and failed treatments while dealing with TN.

Keep your faith as you 'will' find a treatment that works. God bless!

Todd
thedspeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-19-2009)