View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 09:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Mary,
I know that is a terrifying experience. I also have swollowing difficulty, but not all the time. There is a physical cause related to rsd, but I don't remember, just what it is. Besides, pain meds, I also take antii-anxiety med, Lorazepam, 2mg 3xday. That relaxes my nervous system, and I feel it helps me to keep level as possible. My Dr. agrees it is a med. that is just as important as pain med. Have you talked yet to your Dr. about the muffin incident? He may want to give you a med, or muscle relaxer to help with this if is becomes a regular problem. I never know when it is going to happen, but I feel it is rare in comparison to before the anxiety med. Also helpful is relaxation techniques, like bio-feedback, and breathing exercises, meditation, visualization for relaxation, music, etc. I love massage, but have cut back on that, not by choice. Our business has suffered from the economy. I'm not able to work and get to jobs like I used to. Have full body now, including face and neck and bad headaches. Was that your first chocking sensation? Hope this helps a little, please let us know what your Dr. says. Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote