View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 11:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi fewdalord,
My Dr. has me on 240 mg a day. He says Cymbalta works well on nerve pain. I was able to get off two other anti-depressants when I went on Cymbalta. It is also the only anti-depressant FDA approved for Fibromyalgia, which I also have. Anti-depressants are used not just for depression but also for nerve pain. My Dr. in involved in studies done by a couple drug companies. He is Neurologist, Psychiatrist, and Pharmacologist. experience with RSD. Is the Dr. that has helped me the most, besides the pt's and massage therapists. It's not that easy to find a Dr. with the three degrees. A med that has helped keep my nervous system calmed down is Lorazepam mg. 3xday, anti-anxiety med. Take Vicodin for pain and 2 high blood pressure meds. I've been seeing this Dr. for 5 years. Have gone off 4 meds and am losing weight and hope to cut back on the blood pressure meds. Then we are going to try and cut back on pain meds. It was a orthopedic hand surgeon that diagnosed me in a different state. Hope you find a Dr. you feel is experienced in RSD and you like. I also have an internist , cardiologist, and family dr.Internal organs can be affected as this is an autonomic disorder. I have heart and lung involvement.full body 13 years now. Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote