View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 11:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Dew58,
A deposition is given under oath. The attorney for the insurance company will ask questions about your condition. How he came to the conclusion of RSD. Your medical history prior to your WC injury. You might get a notepad and make a timeline. Because there is no cure for RSD,so often the insurance company leaves the medical expenses open-ended after a settlement is reached. That's what I would want. After the deposition, a transcript is made by the court reporter. Your attorney obviously will want a copy. The PM Dr. will have his own attorney provided by his malpractice insurance to represent him. It's like the others responded, they just want to get started to get information and they will want to settle soon. There will be a time, you'll be deposed. That's why it's important to have a diary and date every appt. and discussion, and request for early treatment. My daughter is a court reporter and has done rsd depositions. She's not able to disclose anything. But this isn't 'your' day, so try and relax and learn from the Drs. depo. In case you were to have spread like many of us, you can see why they would want to get this over with' The deposition may be in the drs. attorneys' office or even possibly at the Drs. office for his personal convenience.
How are you doing? Stay strong, remember you haven't don't anything wrong, I'm glad you are covered. Please take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote