Thread: Losing it....
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 03:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Woot!!

I am sooo relieved! ((((((((Abasaki))))))))

The things you say in your post are so amazingly like me that I could have wrote them. Ever since the doctor said "oops!" when he discovered he had blocked the bloodflow in my right leg my life has spiraled out of control. I lost my ranch, my cars, my great job, and there was nothing I could do about it.

When you talked about the vibrations, WOW! That is just like me! I even cry through mri's because the pain is so intense from all the vibrating, and forget about riding in vehicles for any length of time cause I will be down for a few days if I ride too long. The doctors tell me mri's dont hurt.... Hah! They are soooo wrong LOL.

Everything was replaced with PAIN that never quits. It is like the energizer bunny, it keeps going and going. On my last doctor visit a couple of weeks ago, this new doctor im seeing after my last doctor dropped me after 6 years, told me I must get out of my room to beat the deppression, and they are not going to give me the pain meds that have been working for me anymore. It has been hell so far, but im gonna look for a new doctor until I find one that will give me what I need to be more comfortable.

Now my body is having withdrawls on top of the usual pain.

I dont think they really understand how hard it is to act normal, or pretend to have fun, smile through the intense pain that never ever stops.

But you cant let it beat you, you must fight the rsd monster and know that the intense pain will give way to a lower pain sooner or later. Sure there are very rough days sprinkled through the just rough days, but just keep bugging the doc, and looking for a mixture of meds that will give you more easier days than the very rough ones. You will find something if you dont give up.

I know it wont cure this nightmare, but it will make it easier to fight. It took me almost 5 years before I found the mixture that keeps my pain mostly at 5 - 6 instead of 9 - 10. I still have flares, in fact this stuff has spread on me a few months ago and I have been in a flare ever since. But it just makes me that more angry at it, and I will push to get it under control. We cant let it beat us!

If you cant afford phone calls just send me a email or pm me, and we can at least instant message, or join the chat room. That way we can help each other through the rough spots.

I was wondering if you have tried amitriptlyne (sp?) it doesnt work for me, but my old and best doc told me that it works for nerve pain. It did help me sleep though, I just didnt like the drugged feeling it gave me.

Anyway im soooo glad you are still with us

I love ya much and am praying the pain lets off a bit so you can get some rest, and feel a little better.

Big hugs
Allen
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote