View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 12:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Kindness of Strangers

There's a lot to be negative about with RSD, but I want to share the good that I've found in people. I've lived in 7 states, but the people in my county in SC are some of the most generous, thoughtful people anywhere. From the time following my accident, in a wheelchair, strangers have held doors for me, offerred to stay with me to help with grocery shopping to help get things off the shelves. Today, almost 5 years after the accident while shopping at the gardening store, I had a couple come up to me as I struggled to load some pavers load up the cart for me and after the cashier called for help to load my car and no one came, another stranger put his cart to the side and loaded my car for me. Maybe I looked pretty ragged and they just took pity on me, but over the last 5 years it seems when I've needed a helping hand, these stranger angels just show up and unselfishly put aside their shopping or whatever and help me when my desire to do something is greater than my physical capability to do it. So I just want to recognize the goodness I've found in strangers. Just wish I'd been able to shanghai some of them to unload the car and help me set up the garden this afternoon - of course got overtired and pain is keeping me awake - but I'm still so grateful for their kindness or I wouldn't have had the energy to accomplish what I wanted to today. God bless these kind people. ONE MOMENT CAN CHANGE EVERYTHING
RSDLynnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-20-2009), dreambeliever128 (04-19-2009), SBOWLING (04-19-2009)