View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 09:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default It's Been Awhile

Hello all, i hope this finds everyone well. I haven't been online in a long time. Everything here has gone unbelievably hectic.
I wanted to get some opinions if I may. As alot of you know, my fiance', Reed has RSD due to a crush injury to his left leg from the knee down.
He has an SCS, and has been on several different meds. He's in PT now, which doesn't seem to be doing much, but isn't hurting either I suppose.
Reed is about to see a psych. due to his depression , anxiety, mood swings... oh my.
Over the last couple of months, realizing that he will never have back the exact life he had before has really taken it's toll on him. At first, he was dealing pretty well, I thought. But it seems that the longer this all goes on (now we are trying to find a new attorney also, because the first one was ..well, crap) he is less and less able to deal with things.
He is more depressed, not suicidal, but literally hates himself and says he can't figure out why I don't hate him also. He seems to hate everyone else as well. He is separating himself from the world more and more, and is anxious and so very moody.
I know a large part of it is pain, but I really think the majority is the thought of "losing his life". I don't know what to do. I can't really help him, and when I try to talk to him, he either gets more down, or it lights his fuse and he ends up angry. I try to just deal with it and keep him happy, but it seems that nothing the kids and I do is good enough. Sometimes I really think he looks for reasons to explode. He's either angry, or crying. I am so worried!
I took him to our family doc (he doesn't have insurance, only wc) and the doc put him on zoloft. That seemed to help for awhile, but it's a low dose, and I guess he started building immunity to it.
Finally, his pm doc has gotten wc to approve a visit to to a psych. He's finally convinced them that Reed is suffering emotionally and mentally due to this accident and the big bully RSD.
I'm praying that the psych can figure out something, and can help him. In the meantime, I'm also praying that the rest of us can get some peace as well. I can't imagine how hard this is for him, and I really truly only want the best for him. I love him so much! But he doesn't know how hard it is for me.. and for the kids.
Has anyone else dealt with these symptoms, and how in the world do you deal with it? Any ideas on what I can do to help??
Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks and hugs to you all!

Rita
Rita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote