View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Rita,

I went into a deep depression after RSD to the point of being suicidal.

I have been in councelling for 10 years and am happy I have my councellor to talk to.

I think it's the best thing he can do is to go into councelling as most of us do have depression with RSD.

I was anxious, depressed, angry, frustrated. I took it out on Bill, sometimes my two grandson's.

I stayed in the house for years, Bill did all of my shopping and picking up my meds.

We use to be really active. We did everything together but I lost all of that with RSD.

After losing Bill I had to pull myself up and do some things for myself.

I was just getting to the point that I could do things with him again about a year before he passed away.

Bill spent time in councelling also to help him deal with his disabilities and dealing with me. I was a mess for years. It about drove him nuts and he was sick also.

I do know what he is going through and I do hope that he keeps at the councelling. I can talk to my Councellor about things that I can't talk to family about and he says I can take my anger out on him and then be good to the family. It worked and now I don't take it out on him either. Finally got there.

I am also pretty much in remission and that makes a difference also.

Hopefully your guy will get there and then you will all have peace and become a quite family. Give it time.

Take care,
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-20-2009), loretta (04-20-2009), Rita (04-20-2009)