View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 04:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan1097 View Post
Hi. Haven't posted in a w hile.
Missed my psych. appointment a few days ago- my mom wrote down on her calendar 8:00 a.m. for the time (the default when you don't put a time) and thus didn't check with me if it was really that time, so when I told her at 2:30 I was leaving for my apopintment, she said "Who's going to get the kids?" and went into an ego guilt trip on me about Kevin's job, etc. So... I didn't go. ....
Hello, Nathan.

I don't know you, but since you posted under a "Need Help" thread icon (the red cross within a white circle), I had to drop in and see what is distressing you....

And I see that you missed your psychiatrist's appointment a few days ago. I am sure your doctor was not pleased - not only because he didn't make any money for that time slot, not having time to give the appointment to someone else, but because docs know we need to check in with them regularly so they can help us best.

But worst is what you did to yourself - that you let yourself be guilt-tripped into not going. It is hard to believe that there was absolutely no one at all who could have been dispatched to pick up the children... Another child's parent, for instance, who would be at the school picking up anyway? At least now you know to follow your mom around and correct her entries on her planning calendar. Or hand her your appointment card to fill in the date and time, then get it back for your own records.

I am sorry you are sick -- respiratory illnesses that settle in the lungs are terrible and linger so long. I hope you are much better soon.

Teri