View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 05:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abasaki View Post
I wish the media here would be more open and talk about suicide.... I wish in the obituaries, it would say that's what happened.... it's easy to tell that it was a suicide when the person is young and says they died at home.

I mean they list cancer, cystic fibrosis, and other illnesses...but they never list depression or bipolar or any of the mental illnesses as a cause of death...

I think if everyone would talk about suicide the stigma would eventually end.

Oh well... that's just my two cents worth...

for all!
Abbie

I agree. If the media were more forthright then a lot of kids who think hanging themselves is a romantic end would learn that it is really a rather horrible death. It just makes me so angry, the "cover up" to sanitize things that are horrible... Horrible things should be spoken of with the simplicity and truthfulness that any serious thing deserves. Pretense is good on the level of positive thinking, but at a certain point it stops being good and starts being bad... I mean, we want signs up to warn us where there is quick sand, so why don't we want warnings up about mental health issues? ("we" as a society)
Alffe (04-20-2009), barbo (04-20-2009), Brokenfriend (04-20-2009), mistiis (04-20-2009), Nik-key (04-21-2009)