View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 10:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused What Questions Would You Ask?

Hello,
I am new to Annies, and new to this forum. A little over a week ago I learned that I have a berry aneurysm in my posterior communication artery (pcom) that is about 5.5-6mm. A few days ago I had an angiogram to better determine its size and the shape of the neck. I guess this can indicate whether a coil or a clip is better. I'll find out in a couple of days.

So, my question, for all of you who have been through this, is what questions do I need to be sure to ask the neurosurgeon when I meet with him in a couple of days? I think of things and write them down, but I'm sure there are things that YOU know are important that I just have not considered.

Also, I am trying to work out my leave from work. The surgeon said that typically I could be driving in 2 weeks. I've been going on this, and then I read posts in which members are saying much longer recovery time than this. What are your experiences?

Finally, other than the obvious, re-writing a will, freezing meals, and packing a bag for the hospital, what things should I do before the surgery. I want things to go as smoothly as possible for my family while I recover.

Thanks for your help,
Jane
Jacoco is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote