View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 12:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sweetz,

I'm so sorry about your accident. First, know that you are not alone. Second, know that you will feel better, even though it doesn't seem like it at the moment. Third, you don't have to be cheerful all the time when you don't feel well.

What you have described are the classic symptoms of something called disassociation. Let me explain it. Sometimes we are so overwhelmed by our life circumstances that we can't handle all the emotions and we feel distanced or like we are watching our life and objects from afar. It's a protective mechanism that our brains have.

Having a brain injury is very frightening. It's perfectly natural to have these feelings that things aren't ok. I am certainly not a professional and I could be wrong, but you can look up disassociation at psychcentral and also there is a forum there devoted to such things.

If I can help in any way, just let me know.

Best,

Silent2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetz0625 View Post
Hi
Thanks for the reply. My little incident happened about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I feel that I will get better, its just seems like a waiting process. If anything I am trying to have a good attitude about the whole ordeal. I was involved in a go kart (indoor go kart) accident. The guy hit me flying around a curve, and every since I have not been the same. Have had mri and CT scan of course all came back clean and normal, but I dont feel normal. Hopefully this will all go away soon. I have always said no more go karts for me again, EVER.
Silent2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote