View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 05:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default IVIGG's P.S.

I also forgot to mention one of the most important benefits I found after taking them. At first, I was put on Prednisone 3 times daily, literally shutting my immune system down. The IVIGG's were given in conjunction with this and as my treatment progressed, I noticed that I was able to gradually reduce my Prednisone down to 1 dose per day (10mg). At one point, I was nearly off of the steroids.

I don't know if someone else will put me back on these. I notice that the Predisone is not quite as effective at holding back symptoms, so will probably have to do something before long.

Initial treatment was started in a Houston hospital. The Neurologist there who saw me took a sabbatical leave just as the implant issue was cranking up. The other Neurologist, who was putting sick implanted women on these, was forced to retire. In Dallas, my Immunologist put me on the IV's for some time. After the reaction, he didn't want me to start back. I was dismissed from his practice-after I insisted that he check me for Myoclonal Protein and it came back positive...

Like Billye, I am just worn out with all of this and am trying my best to manage with a sympathetic Internist. I know that I need to put together your chart, LizaJane, but I have boxes and boxes of test and I don't think I can get through putting this all together...

I believe the Neurologist that Billye and I both see, had some kind of problem with the IVIGG's, I want to say involving kidneys, but I don't know that for sure. I had no other problems with them... For anyone wanting to take them, I found help from the IVIGG manufacturer, who provided literature supporting treatment with this. My insurance company approved these 6 treatments at a time based on their information.

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote