View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 07:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dont know a lot about this ailment

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertall View Post
Had nerve pain in the top of my foot after surgery Feb. 25th. It won't go away. I have had two Q-balls for pain management, the most my doc will put in for anyone, and then I have had to travel 45 mins. everyday (including Sat. and Sun.) for nerve blocks. FINALLY, my insurance has approved the trial neuro-stimulator for tomorrow. I am afraid it won't work because more than 20 years ago I had three back surgeries. I have six screws and two plates from L-3 to S-1. Anyone have anything like this? Because of the back surgeries, I was told I have Anesthesia dolorosa on the top of my foot. I am scared that the stimulator will not work, then what?
Is the neurostimulator going to be internal or external? My son-in-law has severe pain in his spine in which the doctors are also considering a neurostimulator for his spine to relieve his excruciating pain (age 32 and in the Army). I have an external TENS unit (which is an external nerve stimulator) that seems to give me temporary relief of my back pain and I can use it as often as I need to... The relief is temporary, however. I certainly wish you all the best.. It isnt fun at all living with chronic pain... Hoping and praying the neurostimulator works very well and is very successful in your case.
wannabnanarunning is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote