View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default It is not yet recruiting in the USA

I understand this, and Dr. Hauser (Tampa location) said it to me in person two years ago...not verbatim, from memory only: There has been a lot of problems with infection at the abdominal wall site where the feed goes into the gut. I hope this has been resolved by now.

Study of Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability of Levodopa-Carbidopa Intestinal Gel in Levodopa-Responsive Parkinson's Subjects

Last Updated: January 22, 2009

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00357994

Purpose

The primary objective of this study will be to demonstrate the superiority of levodopa - carbidopa intestinal gel over treatment with optimized oral levodopa/carbidopa during 12 weeks.The study duration is 4 months.

Study Type: Interventional

Study Design: Treatment, Randomized, Double Blind (Subject, Caregiver, Investigator, Outcomes Assessor), Placebo Control, Parallel Assignment, Safety/Efficacy Study

Official Title: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Double-Dummy, Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability Study of Levodopa/Carbidopa Suspension for Upper-Intestinal Infusion in Levodopa-Responsive Parkinson's Subjects Receiving Optimized Treatments With Parkinson Medicinal Products Who Continue to Experience Persistent Motor Fluctuations

Locations

United States, Florida
Site 107 Not yet recruiting
Gainesville, Florida, United State

Site 106 Not yet recruiting
Tampa, Florida, United States
United States, Pennsylvania
Site 124 Not yet recruiting
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Germany
Site 435 Recruiting
Marburg, Germany