View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 02:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hi rezmommy!

Tell your neuro (or whoever is doing the testing) that you are NOW ON MEDS - that should help.....

Also, don't smoke, eat chocolate or drink caffeine (for 24 hrs before the test) - it MAY skew the results.....

Also please tell your neuro that your are experiencing weakness again - he want to up your pred - I am @ 40 still - 15 is kind of a "crash point" according to DR. I - some people can handle it, others need a little extra bump in the meds........

Big, big hugs!
Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezmommy View Post
Hi all,
I was diagnosed in November 08. At the the time it was an EMG and single fiber EMG that confirmed the diagnosis. I was started on Azathrioprine and Mestinon.

In January I had a crisis and was started on Prednisone. In February I had the thymectomy. Within the last couple of weeks my weakness has started to increase a little and my eyelid has started to droop again.

At my last neuro appointment he said that he would like to send me for another EMG test. When I asked why, he said that he wanted to make sure that he is on track with the medication.

Currently I am on Azathrioprine (Imuran) 100 mg 1x/day, Mestinon 60 mg 5x/day, Prednisone 15mg 1/day and Synthroid .075 mcg 1x/day (for hypothyroidism).

Will being all the meds have an effect on the EMG test?
Anything else I should do to prepare for the EMG?

My EMG test is scheduled for April 29th and I will see my neuro again on April 22nd, so I can ask him about the meds too.