View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 03:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, I think that's all pretty encouraging. You have lucked out and found someone that seems very familiar with MG, has a real common sense approach to handling the disease, warned you how to recognize crisis and what to do about it, and gave you some good advise about the stress. I like the conservative approach with meds in your case with occular symptoms only, since the more drastic measures always have side affects.
I really like that he is getting you back in 2 days after your CAT, too. Some make you wait much longer for an appointment.
If I were you, from what you have said, I'd be very satisfied with how the appointment went. He's on call all the time, so that should be handy, too.

Good Job! If you can tolerate the personality, I'd say he's a keeper so far!
One thing, though. Did he say if there is anything besides Lipitor, or that you should check with your PCP to see if there is something else that would be better for a Myasthenic? I know the neuros don't like to mess with other docs Rx's, and other's don't like to mess with neuro's Rx's. Perhaps you should check with the doc that prescribed the Lipitor now that you have the MG dx and see what they say.

You're on your way! Good luck with the CT Scan on Monday!