View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 04:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Great question and so difficult to answer. It seems as though the path to healing is a not exactly the same for each of us.

I did not have many GI symptoms but I have had to remove gluten, yeast and most processed grains to feel my best. Of course, I may not be at my best yet. Who knows how much better I might feel with enzymes (have not tried) or CF/SF/EG (have not totally eliminated these. Probiotics did not make a noticible difference for me so I am not taking these any longer. Maybe I need other supplements or a different dosage of the supplements I take.

In the old BT we talked about the healing properties that B12 and other supplements had on the gut. Here is an article about a study of a dietary supplementation containing:a supplement of melatonin, l-tryptophan, vitamin B6, folic acid, vitamin B12, methionine and betaine would help patients with GERD, and to compare the preparation with 20 mg omeprazole. Regression of gastroesophageal reflux disease symptoms using dietary supplementation with melatonin, vitamins and aminoacids: comparison with omeprazole.
All patients who took the supplements reported a complete regression of symptoms after 40 days of treatment. This compares to only 65.7% of the patients on omeprazole(Prilosec). Hmmmmm
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum
Anne

Last edited by annelb; 09-11-2006 at 05:53 PM.
annelb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote