View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenfriend View Post
I keep getting this pain in the middle of my chest because of anxiety. It's not my heart,or any other physical condition.

I've had this pain off, and on for years. I've worn out t-shirts,and sweaters right in the middle of them,from rubbing the center of my chest.

Is this rare with anxiety? Am I the only one? What is this? BF
BF,
Some of was related to me as the fight or flight syndrome. Instead of normal deep tummy breathing with tighten, and chest breaths. Because so many nerves run under the chest wall muscles, the tightness of brathing presses on the. Some people even will go to the ER thinking it is heart attacks. You can get the arythmia off making it even more painful.

Learning techniques to slow the breathing, put the hand on the tummy, focus on the breath in through the nose and slow out through the mouth, feel the tummy rise not the chest helps. So does biofeedback. Visualize and feel letting go of tightness from the finger tips, neck head, body, arms legs to toes.

All good in theory, but man when you are in a panic attack or heavy anxiety it is hard with out treatment or help from an outside person to focus.
I had to be treated at least twice in the ER and another time by medics.

It is as if My heart is broken in pieces as dgs says,,,,don;t squeeze me your breaking me to pieces!
di

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (04-21-2009), ginnie (10-25-2012)