View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 12:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Mary,

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiemary View Post
I would mix together the following ingredients for meatloaf, always loved by my family, hope you try it, with all of these recipes sent, you may get tired of meatloaf for awhile! Take 1 lb. lean ground beef, add 2 large eggs, as much garlic as you love,(I use tons of garlic in my cooking)add 1/4 cup bread or crushed cracker crumbs,1/4 cup ground oatmeal,1/2 cup ground flax-I grind my flax in a coffee bean grinder-then add i pouch of Liptons onion soup mix,and sometimes I add 1/2 cup mashed beans,anykind of canned beans.Mix it all together, so everything is well blended, add it to your greased meatloaf pan. Pat down the top of the mixture, then with your fingers, poke holes thru the top of the meat, a half inch deep or so,then take worcestershire sauce,and let the holes fill up abit with the sauce, and let it marinade like that for 30 minutes or more,then bake it at 350 for 45-60 minutes.Yes, abit different, but it does not get dry, stays moist, and tastes full of flavor. And its a great way to add fiber to your diet, without really tasting all of the fiber, great for the kids. You don't need to add the mashed beans if you don't like them, sometimes instead, I will add a 1/2 cup shredded sqaush, or I also add some cooked lentils, they can be pureed in food proccessor, and mixed in, so no one will even know they are in there! When I was raising my girls, I would often add extras like lentils,etc. to their food, and they never figured it out, just cleaned their plates! A moms got to do what a moms got to do! They used to roll their eyes, and called me "mother nutrition"!
I had recently gotten a package of flax seed but had been trying to decide how to use it. What a great idea! Thanks!

HANG IN THERE!

If I had to sum up FRIENDSHIP in one word, it would be COMFORT. ~Adabella Radici

MS/dx2006
BETASERON (Quit May 2011)
COPAXONE (Began June 2011)
Friend2U is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote