Old 04-21-2009, 12:40 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen S View Post
Thanks for trying. I appreciate the responses I have received. I guess I will just have to keep trying to find the info. I was able to learn a good bit by searching various sites, but not about a neuro contraindicaton for the sublingual form.
I guess I have learned that when I see something like that, I need to write it down.
Karen S.
One has to be careful on the net.
The only "negative" thing I can think of (and I did a Google search just now which showed nothing)
is the Pfeiffer research. People with methylation errors..
MAY have certain needs that differ from others.
Bipolar disorder for example is a methylation disorder it is thought.
http://www.alternativementalhealth.c...es/walshMP.htm
Check the section on "methylation". Not many doctors agree with the Pfeiffer institute, however.

B12 is part of a group of B vits that work together. Ignoring the others, results in less improvement. B6 and folate are both needed to help reduce homocysteine, and if those are low, then homocysteine continues to damage the blood vessels.

The risk of B12 deficiency is high in older patients. That is why guidelines suggest all persons over 50 take a supplement now.

When you find what you are looking for, please post it here.
I'd like to see it.

This is the typical warning to NOT use FOLATE in B12 deficient patients:
Quote:
Large doses of folic acid given to an individual with an undiagnosed vitamin B12 deficiency could correct megaloblastic anemia without correcting the underlying vitamin B12 deficiency, leaving the individual at risk of developing irreversible neurologic damage (6). For this reason the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine advises that all adults limit their intake of folic acid (supplements and fortification) to 1000 mcg (1 mg) daily.
Perhaps this is what you read?
This quote is from http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocente...ns/vitaminB12/

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 04-21-2009 at 12:58 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote