View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 04:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jenny

I have lots of white spots on my MRA/MRI's, because I have MS and I have also had an aneurysm clipped. Just to clarify, an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) shows the tissues of the brain, whereas MRA (Magnetic Resonance Angiography) will show up any abnormality in the blood vessels. My aneurysm was detected when they gave me an MRA in addition to the regular MRI I have yearly for my MS. It was a purely incidental finding.

To me, and I am not a doctor, the white blob on your scan looks like a lesion. They are very common and lots of people have one or two, particularly as they get older. There are heaps of potential causes for this - some are bad, but not all are sinister.

I have dozens of them, but their number and placement indicate that I have a demyelinating disease process happening.

When you talk about having lots of neurological symptoms, what is happening to you? Do you have a family history of aneurysms, Chiari, or other neurological problems?

Let us know how you get on with your doctor, even though four weeks sounds like a lifetime to you right now, try not to panic too much and make sure you write down the questions you have for the doctor.

I suggest taking a trusted friend/partner into the appointment to make sure you don't miss any information.

I hope everything goes well for you

Lyn
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote