View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 07:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Also:

If I take the mestonin ( spelling ) today and see him next wednesday., should I mention a EMG test? Could I have it done without any affect from the drug then? Who performs the test? and What exactly is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind123 View Post
I have been taking Lipitor for around 10 years., they gave me lipitor when my cholestral was borderline back then but I was also diagnosed with diabetes., I take no meds for diabetes my A1C is always within normal range but sometimes my glucose test is 140 to 160., but that is not often., but they say I am diabetic., they tried me on the glugophage but it made me so ill , I refused to take it since my numbers are low., but they said it would prevent it from getting worse . I take 2 blood pressure medicines and I take singulair and zyrtec for allergies. Within the past 10 years they raised the lipitor to 20 mg when my cholestral went above the borderline range. It seems like my muscle pain has only increased some recently., especially in my arms.

I told the neuro this about arm muscles hurting and arms heavy but he didn't feel it was associated to MG., he advised it would start with swallowing, etc., he felt the limbs would not hurt as when you touch some of my muscles on my upper arms they indeed hurt.

He suggested no other tests , but seemed to try to keep everything to the ocular and not generalization, like I said he did minimal strength tests 5 minutes of it. My vision is not as bad as it has been., it seems to be worse at evening time., but originally when I first noticed bad vision it was terrible., so it seems to have lessened somewhat.

Maybe all these aches and pains in my arms are from Lipitor? I am thinking of going off of it till I see my GP the beginning of May., I get my blood work for my GP this friday. And then the tests for the Neuro Monday and see him on Monday.

I read this one article online that kind of inferred that statins can cause mg., has anyone else heard that? Mostly everything I have been reading states it makes it worse.

What exactly is a EMG test? He didn't feel any of those were necessary as he felt the blood work was sufficient, and having my chest muscles and gland checked was the most important. I got the impression that felt every ache and pain should not be attributed to mg., and advised me not to dwell on all of this, as then you will make yourself worse.

So .........I will pick up my meds today and start taking them.

and go from there., in some ways I think I am more confused...........
Thanks for your help
whirlwind123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote