View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 07:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi.

I'm also on Neurontin 2700mg a day. I have tried going off the neurontin - but that is when I realized just how much it helped me. Lyrica and Cymbalta caused side effects (myoclonic seizures and eyes permanently dialated) so that I couldn't be on them.

Since trying those medications, I've had a SCS implanted. It's only been a few months (nov 08). I'm still on the neurontin. I'm sortof scared to go off of it because of the spread to my face. But, I'm also on baclofen for muscles cramps, celexa for depression, oxycodone for break through pain and pain patches as I need them.

The implant really does help, but it doesn't take everything away. I can't turn up the stimulator very high because it's in the base of my neck. So, any movement in my neck will cause a singe if I turn it up too high. So, I feel that I can't totally go off the medications.

So, right now, I'm sortof in limbo. I also have problems with my back now which I'm taking valium instead of the baclofen and the oxycodone for.

With regard to the Neurontin, I'm told by my IM doctor that 2700mg isn't a really high dose for me. The problem that I had with trying something else is that you have to ween off of it and ween on something else. So, inbetween that time, I was miserable. It's a couple weeks time before I was off one medication and on another one - which both of them didn't work for me. With doing this, I found out how much this medication really does help me. I didn't realize it until I was off of it.

Good luck you you.
dealingwithtos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote