View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 07:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default ldn

"I do feel that the low dose naltrexone seems to have helped things along significantly, even though it's not supposed to be that remarkable symptomatically.[/QUOTE]"

Fiona, I think LDN is quite significant and remarkable symptomatically. First, U of Pittsburg, I believe it is, has demonstrated a near cure of Crohn's disease using LDN.

Then, it is being used, with pretty incredible results, in the MS community...so much so, that they self-funded their own clinical trial, and it seems to be holding up to scrutiny (just read posts on MS forums and people have gotten their lives back due to LDN).

Then third, there is PD....several posters here have shown either symptomatic improvement and/or no progression since starting LDN, AshleyK comes to mind, and no one can tell me that a lack of progression over a four year period is placebo! I wish we experienced the same lack of progression, but we haven't. What we did notice, however, is that LDN helps with sleep, and then more ambiguously, we couldn't get LDN for a couple of weeks due to a series of mix-ups/comedy of errors (actually not so funny, we needed to get the LDN!) and experienced a notable downstep during that time. I can't really articulate it, but things got worse. So LDN definitely does something, it just does it at different rates for different people.

Thanks for sharing your improvement as well as what your regime is, and I am so glad you are doing better, especially after 18 years, inspiring to many people, I know.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote