Thread: Sweating
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 08:32 AM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Too Hot and Cold!

With atuonomic neuropathy - I've found that I dont sweat like I should in the intense summer heat of southern calif - and instead have to be very careful as I've gotten heat stroke just going from car to doc on a hot day.... get very faint also quite a bit in the heat and dizzy... all symtoms of heat intolerance - your body is not resonding as it should to the temps and allowing you to sweat because of the damage to the nerves that would normally tell your body how to respond to the temp changes... during the summer I always carry water - not only to drink - but to pour on me to try to keep cooler - cause we have so much hot weather one has no choice but to continue life no matter how hot it is....

As for cold - the neruopathy has affected the cold extremes too - I used to never get cold (and yes, it can get chilly here) - I find that I have to wear socks to bed during the winter to keep feet warm - never did pre-neropathy, and layer more too during the day.... supposedly I have reynauds, but whatever they want to call it - the ultimate culprit I know is the PN!
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote