View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 08:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy RSD Spread to Opposite Knee: Feels as if Someone hitting Left Knee with a Hammer!

I awoke this morning to severe pain to the opposite knee(left) to where the RSD is diagnosed(right). I am calling my PM doc this morning, as I had to use crutches to hobble from the bed to my computer chair..and took my morning pain meds,immediately.

I knew this culprit could spread;however, I am taken aback by the intensity of the spread to my left knee. It is a sharp, deep, achy pain. It feels like someone is pounding the left knee with a hammer! I had been experiencing the burn in both knees,hands and base of spine. This is a totally different intense pain

Have any of you experienced this type of spread?

I will let you know what I find out from the PM doc.

Thanks,
Dew

UPDATE:

I just spoke with my PM doc's nurse. She told me that RSD doesn't spread!!! I told her that I want the PM doc to return my call, as she is not the doctor. She told me to elevate my legs, put ice on the knees!!! This woman has no clue. She then proceeded to tell me that I called on PM doc's backline, and I should call on reg. line. I replied;"How do you think I have this number; PM doc gave it to me!" If I am not better in 2 days, I am to call back..I have my appt. with him on 4/28/09, at 10:45 AM.

Currently, I am in tears. Frustration and Pain tears. Hubby just applied a Flector Patch to each knee.

A Positive Attitude Will Assist Me Toward An Active Life, Once Again

WC Injury 03/24/07;Two Right Knee Surgeries on 5/22/07 and 01/16/08. Surgeons and Physical Therapists ignored my concerns of burning pain, swelling, and no improvement and getting worse. Diagnosed RSD/CRPS I/Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain on 06/2008 by family doc;on 08/2008 and 12/2008 diagnosis confirmed by two WC PM Doctors: Both legs;hips; hands; and spine effected by this culprit. SSDI granted 01/2009.

Last edited by Dew58; 04-21-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Dew58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote