View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 10:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree with you curious. I would have liked a warning! I read all kinds of interviews about this very thing. I can't remember word for word, but the gist of it was they were going for the shock. They wanted people to be stunned, because that is what happens in real life. You have no warning in real life, and they wanted the audience to feel that effect. I guess if I can put my bias aside, I can see their point.

Just wondering "out loud" here......I guess they don't warn the audience about shows dealing with someone dying by any other way, any disease that could trigger someone, like Alzheimer's triggers me. Hmmmmmm I guess part of bringing it out of the darkness, could be making it something openly discussed enough that it doesn't need a warning?

I don't know, the shock value had a huge impact on many. Even in my small corner of the word, it certainly worked. I have had more people talk to me about Dad's suicide since the show aired. For that alone, I am grateful.

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (04-21-2009), Brokenfriend (04-21-2009), Curious (04-21-2009), mistiis (04-21-2009), pono (04-23-2009)